There are a lot of golfers that have a lot of fear when they hit the ball in a fairway bunker. Here are some simple steps to help you eliminate that fear. Set-up is very important when you are trying to hit a shot out of a fairway bunker.
1. When you step in the bunker stand on top of the sand and do not bury your feet.
2. Play the ball slightly ahead of center in your stance.
3. Put a little more weight on your front foot.
4. Look at the front of the ball.
5. Make sure you have enough club to clear the lip in front of you.
6. Think tempo and hitting the ball first.
Try these tips and I think you will see yourself hitting more successful shots.
Click here for more ways to improve your game through our newsletter.